As more and more shippers look to concentrate on their core businesses and eliminate the liability that comes with fleet ownership, one popular solution has become outsourcing transportation functions through a dedicated contract with a carrier. Cowan Systems offers dedicated fleet services which provide a customized transportation package designed to meet the specific needs of the shipper, such as specialized equipment, strict timetables and custom reporting.
A Cowan dedicated contract can be predicated on one of two variables: (1) dedicated volume (in which a commitment is given to handle specific volumes of business); (2) or a specific number of drivers, tractors and trailers provided on a cost-plus basis.
Dedicated Fleet Services:
Guarantee Capacity and Significantly Reduce Your Shipping Costs
- Long-term contracts provide fixed pricing
- Backhaul programs SHARE REVENUE with the shipper
- Reduced exposure to risk and liability
- Carrier management based at shipper’s location
- Customized performance reporting and dedicated administrative services
- Backup from the Cowan regional truckload fleet for peak shipping periods
- New equipment with state-of-the-art onboard communications
- Expertise to recruit, train, and retain professional drivers
- Drivers dedicated to the specific needs of the shipper and customer(s)